WORKSHOP | Leather for Footwear : Introduction to Shoe Leather
Join us for a 3 hour intensive workshop on Leather for Footwear with expert Gido Theilig of Leather Solutions as part of this year's International Sourcing Expo!
WHEN | 1.00pm – 4.00pm, Thursday 17th November 2016
TRAINER | Gido Theilig of Leather Solutions
WHAT | 3 hour Intensive Workshop
WHERE | Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre as part of the International Sourcing Expo.
ENTRY | $145 via Eventbrite and Free entry registration for the Expo HERE
What to Expect:
With 26 years’ experience in the leather industry, Gido Theilig of Leather Solutions will take you through all you need to know on leather types, production, manufacturing processes and finishes specific to footwear.
The workshop is a highlight for anyone working with hides or planning to. The complexities of working with leather are endless and by attending this workshop you will learn how to avoid mistakes and recognise quality and production standards that all result in a better product.
The Leather Solutions shoe leather workshop will start its journey from the beginning of the leather manufacturing process, from the rawhide through to the finished leather.
This will give participants:
- An overview of how shoe upper leather is made.
- The pros and cons of using different animal types for shoes
- The pros and cons of different types of leathers on finished shoes will be discussed and their inherent characteristics.
- During the workshop, a practical exercise using various types of leather hides and skins will be conducted; enabling participant’s to distinguish/identify between the main animal types used during leather manufacturing.
- An additional exercise identifying various types of internationally defined leathers types will also be conducted.
- Suitable for any sized business wanting to learn more about working with leather.