MSFW EMERGING STUDENT DESIGNER AWARD | 2016
Melbourne Spring Fashion Week presents the MSFW Emerging Student Designer Award. Supported by the Council of Textile and Fashion, the award recognises four finalists and one outstanding winner from the MSFW 2016 Emerging Program.
The award includes:
- A 12-month business mentorship program with the Council of Textile and Fashion. The mentorship program will include access to the Council of Textile and Fashion’s Pop-up Concept Workshop events, ranging from IP through to VM for Emerging Businesses;
- Opportunity to feature in one pop-up department store concept in 2017 with Council of Textile and Fashion with $500 towards the fit out of the pop-up;
- A one year membership with the Council of Textile and Fashion, valued at $330;
- A one- month fashion internship with Factory X Fashion House (Gorman, Alannah Hill, Jack London, Dangerfield, Princes Highway & L'urv) an a $500 gift voucher to the brand of their choice;
- An opportunity to represent the MSFW Emerging Program as an ambassador in 2017, including passes to the MSFW 2017 Emerging runways;
- Inclusion in the MSFW 2016 and 2017 Creative Collective Exhibition;
- A front row double-pass to this year’s Designer – Closing Resort Runway, including entry to the VIP Wrap Party;
- $100 David Jones gift voucher.
Finalists will be announced Thursday 18 August, which will be followed by collection presentations and interviews on Wednesday 24 August. The successful student will be announced at the runway show in which they feature.