Fashion & Textile Industry Relations Manager
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contract: 3-4 days depending on experience
AUSTRALIAN FASHION COUNCIL:
The AFC is the peak industry body for the Australian Fashion & Textile industry. As a not-for-profit membership organisation, our members are drawn from across the entire fashion and textile ecosystem. Our unique position is in connecting critical stakeholders across an industry that contributes $27.2 billion to the Australian economy, allowing us to effectively champion an innovative, resilient and sustainable legacy for the industry. With a 77% female workforce, our industry is paramount to creating a secure economic future for women. Through collaboration and leadership, the AFC provides the resources, support and tools to enable our industry to continue to evolve and thrive. We advocate for our industry at the tables that matter.
As the Fashion & Textiles Industry Relations Manager, your primary role will be to grow nationwide membership, connect with industry to curate innovative content strategies for the membership program, and to develop collaborative partnerships that deliver projects that align with the AFCs strategic initiatives, its values and ultimately the goal of a mindful and resilient industry.
Working across emerging brand programs such as Edit Collection, Fash Tech development programs such as AFC Virtual, and other AFC sustainability, circularity, advanced manufacturing and fashion technology initiatives, this role is wide and varied in its engagement with key industry players. There are many major strategic projects on the horizon such as the Australian Fashion Brand project that will require someone with vision, enthusiasm and out of the box thinking to truly optimise the opportunities for industry.
You will be the first point of call for industry members, keeping your finger on the pulse of industry from designers and manufacturers, creative services, media and PR as well as government entities and ancillary business services that contribute to our industry ecosystem.
This full-time role reports directly to the Head of Marketing & Communications, however you will work closely with the CEO to facilitate AFC programs, events and resources that reflect the needs of AFC members. As the AFC is a small organisation, all team members are required to support each other and adapt to working in an agile environment. You will be based between a shared office space in Sydney and working from home.
This is a really exciting role within a growing & dynamic organisation that values the development of its team. The workplace culture at the AFC focuses on collaboration, proactivity and positivity, and the AFC actively encourages a healthy life-work balance by offering flexible working arrangements. Achievements and successes are celebrated within the AFC team, and the right candidate will be rewarded with a nurturing, relaxed yet professional environment that values skill and career development.
● Identifying & targeting potential members through direct outreach and 1:1 meetings, to drive new member acquisition and always have your finger on the pulse of industry.
● Working with the Marketing & Communications team to support member acquisition, retention and engagement campaigns that enrich the AFC membership. Be the first point of call for member liaison, exploring member opportunities and resolving issues.
● Manage the Administration Assistant to answer membership enquiries, follow up on leads and problem-solve member concerns and queries.
● Working with the CEO and Head of Marketing & Communications, you will provide a lens on the ‘member journey’ and suggest improvements to the member experience.
● Building relationships with key partners to develop a collaborative program that delivers a high level of service and positive engagement with the AFC.
● Developing & executing existing partner projects in line with timeline and budget obligations.
● Coordinating partnership proposals, MOU’s, agreements, presentations and project reports.
● Effective and diplomatic communication with partners to maintain relationships - through planning, update meetings and proposing new creative ideas.
● Work with external consultants to drive new partnership strategies, planning and tailored partner proposals.
● Monitoring and researching partnership activity to pinpoint new opportunities.
● Work alongside Marketing & Comms to deliver engaging partner content, resources and events.
● Prepare weekly feedback reports for the CEO and AFC team. Feedback should be constructive, solution driven and be helpful to the development of the AFC’s member program and partner projects.
● Develop action plans to address key performance areas and improve projects.
● Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
● Ad hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
● Tertiary qualifications in fashion, textiles, design, communications or business related field.
● 2- 3 years experience within a not-for-profit or similar peak body organisation, or within the fashion and textiles industry.
Knowledge & Skills
● Active interest and sound knowledge of the Australian fashion and textiles industry.
● Highly driven and results focused person with a positive and creative approach and strong work ethic.
● Diligent and conscientious with ability to follow-through on all details, whilst maintaining the bigger picture of the industry.
● Excellent relationship development skills and ability to connect, engage and build strong relationships with our members and stakeholders.
● You thrive in an environment where change is a constant and take ownership of your area of responsibility.
● The ability to influence, communicate and negotiate with stakeholders.
● A team player who is organised and able to effectively prioritise workloads.
● Strategic in approach to long term negotiations and planning.
● Ability to work independently.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Sound experience using Zoom, GSuite or Office suite.
Behaviours & Attributes
● Solutions focused when it comes to solving problems.
● Self motivated and proactive.Strong attention to detail.
● Act with honesty and integrity in everything you do.
● Goal oriented and results driven.
● A friendly and engaging personality.
● Share the AFC’s values and vision.
It would be an advantage to have:
● Experience in developing and securing partnerships.
● Strong existing relationships with fashion and textile industry members.
● Experience in developing grant proposals, managing grant requirements and acquittal reporting.
● Project management and client relationship experience.
● Working knowledge of CRM systems and/or project management SaaS software.
To put yourself forward for this fantastic opportunity please submit the following documents:
● Your Cover letter which addresses why you would like to work for the AFC
● Your CV
Send your application to Prue Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Application for Fashion & Textiles Industry Relations Manager”.